Sunday, January 4, 2009

We're Baaack!


We arrived home last night around 8:30 PM. Christopher and I had a wonderful visit in New Hampshire. When I left Tampa it was 78 degrees. When I stepped out of Manchester airport, I went into a state of shock. It was like about 10 degrees and my face instantly went numb. By the time we made it to the car in the parking lot, I was just about to have some kind of seizure.

It was so nice to spend a full week with the girls. We got to see Taylor cheer at a basketball game as well as Hope play in one. Of course, they both had to be on the same night! We were dashing in and out of schools and racing around town, but we got it done and I have the video footage to prove it!


We flew out of Manchester to Toronto on Monday morning which was a story in itself! The plane was one of those little "puddle jumpers" that sat 20 people. Christopher was pretty impressed with that. I thought it was "kinda neat" myself, especially as we flew over Niagara Falls. That would have made an AMAZING picture. (Of course I used up the last of my camera's battery juice video taping Christopher's reaction to being on such a small plane.) He was so great on the plane. I had been very anxious when I found out we would be on this plane. I had visions of him wanting to get up or being nervous. He just relaxed, ate his snacks and rested.

I am so pleased to say that Christopher was perfectly charming while in Toronto. He was cheerful and polite and not one melt-down. Thank you Jesus! Everyone commented on how well behaved and especially polite he was. That helped ensure that mommy had a terrific visit and a very happy New Year celebration!

I'm working on a new slide show, but it is time consuming and I have a little boy who is itching to do something. Here are a few pictures for now!

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

so glad you are back and that you had a great trip! I was anxiously awaiting your next blog with the update :) can't wait to see the pic.

welcome home to the sunshine state!