Monday, January 26, 2009

Calling Martha Stewart!



I have to say that I have very serious doubts about my "inner Martha Stewart", so I need as much advice as I can get! I am doing some decorating (finally) and I am not convinced that I can do this on my own!

When Colin and I moved in together, it was literally two days before my scheduled induction and delivery of Christopher! Yeah, you read that correctly. We were blending two families (tweens, teens and a newborn) add to that the fact that Colin works around the clock and so, I was just basically happy if I had a working bathroom.

So, I'm starting with baby steps, but I have ALOT of big ideas! I started with curtains in the kitchen/front entry and began looking at a new living room set yesterday. My house is open concept with just a bar dividing the living room and kitchen so I have a hard time thinking of a way to make them individual rooms because I always think of matching colors.

This transition will not likely include painting as I don't want to totally overwhelm Colin! So, take a look at some pictures and advise away!

Remember, I am looking for living room furniture as well. I have an idea in my mind of an artificial fire place with a flat screen t.v. mounted on the wall above it. I was thinking of a dark wood like cherry. I like red upholstrey but Colin is not into it...

I was looking at this set yesterday:

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

i love the curtains! you have done alot already, I can tell.

look at kanes and haverty's they are having big sales now. i get my inspiration from ballard designs magazine or on line (ballarddesigns.com) and then copy it by using target/walmart stuff :)

lahenry said...

Pottery Barn has great decorating ideas.