Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christopher and I are adjusting to being back in Florida. The house is quiet. There are no more family meals with everyone talking at once or frequent bursts of laughter. There are no more kids to tug at and invite to play. There are no more snowflakes blowing outside the window in the blustering winds. Just mama and baby with the sounds of the fountain in the pond behind our home, ducks quacking, an occasional ambulance siren and lawn mowers. We have been to the park twice; once on Sunday and then again yesterday. It was near 80 degrees, families were playing volleyball or tossing around the football. The smell of BBQ filled the air. I was back in my tank top and denim cut-off jeans. Ahhh. If only I could have all of this AND my family too... :(

I took Christopher to see a movie on Monday night out of sheer boredom. I had little expectation that he would last the entire movie, but alas, we did...barely. We saw The Tale of Despereaux. It was a pretty cute movie. We watched the trailers on youtube first to see if it even sparked an interest in him. When he asked to watch it "again, again", I decided to give it a shot. When I got to the ticket window and said "Two for Despereaux", Christopher stood on tippey toe with his chin barely touching the counter and chimed in "I wanna watch Despereaux" he exclaimed. The clerk was cheerful and responded. I said "We've been watching it on youtube today" to which Christopher added "I watch it on my tube". The clerk and I both laughed.

No comments: