Monday, June 29, 2009







I have spoken with one of Britany's coaches a couple of times now and she is doing okay. She had a bit of a rough time for awhile, but things are getting better. She has been sick with a cold. Her coach told me that he requested some medical attention for her and she has seen a doctor and is now on antibiotics for bronchitis and the cadres are now aware that she is ill. Despite being ill, however, she has managed to secure a place in the top two of her squadron. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but her coach tells me it is quite an accomplishment especially considering that she has been sick. She and a football player have been ranked #1 and #2 in the Squadron. These are a few pictures sent to me by her coach that he took personally. She got to spend a little bit of time in the gym yesterday, which I am sure was a welcome relief from the Cadres. She got to chat with the other girls and even managed to laugh at some of the experiences of the last few days. She is attending church and made arrangements to go to church with some of her teammates. I am so happy that I will be getting regular updates from him.

I have decided that Christopher and I will be making the trip to the Academy in September for Parents Weekend. I sent this news by text to her coach, who in turned let Britany read it. He said she was very happy.

Thanks for all the love and support. Keep those positive, upbeat letters coming to her, they help alot.

1 comment:

AnnMarie said...

sounds like great news :)