Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life's A Beach!

I cannot believe that I live 15 minutes away from the Gulf of Mexico and today was only the second time that I've been since Christopher's been born!

Actually, Christopher is extremely afraid of water and as I'm sure you all can guess, it's not much fun to go to the beach in Florida when it is about 96 degrees and NOT go in the water. Yikes.

However, today was the exception. It was about 78 degrees with a nice breeze. It was a picture perfect day. The water was too cold for me to even want to go in right now anyway. Papa said it is about 62 degrees. I won't even think about getting in unless the water temperature is at least 80 degrees. I'm not kidding.

We had a wonderful time at Sand Key Beach with Nana and Papa. I called Nana and told her that she needed some vitamin D. Christopher had a great time, unless we got too close to the crashing waves!

4 comments:

AnnMarie said...

the beach looks great! my mom and i are going to walk the beach sat morning for exercise :)

ps- called Hopie tonight but she was really not feeling good and we didn't talk long. i'll call again to check in with her and keep you posted.

Myrtle's Mayhem said...

It's hard to haul all the stuff needed for a day out and a 2 year old to the beach...not to mention the sandy ride home! We have only taken Brody once!

Have a good one!

Mere

p.s. I been wanting to tell you that your kids are absolutely beautiful. There isn't a one of them that couldn't be a model! So pretty! :)

lahenry said...

I am so jealous of that weather! Where we go in Maine for the summer, 68 degree water would be considered extremely warm. :)

robinbrittagain said...

Ann-Marie: Thanks for calling Hope. I'm sure it made her smile.

Mere: You are absolutely right about the beach! You haul all the stuff and barely get set up and they are fussing to leave!
And thank you for your kind words about the girls!

Lisa: Come on down!!!! It's time for a warm getaway!