Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunset At The Beach...




We had a great Memorial Day Weekend at home relaxing as well as going to the beach on Monday evening. Colin actually had all three days off! Although, he did have to make a couple of trips to the hospital briefly.

As of right now, I'm not making a trip to NH in June, but am hoping to get up there before the summer is over. I'm thinking August right now. My friend Bonnie offered for Christopher and I to stay at her house. (Thanks again Bonnie!) My plan is now to bring the girls down here for a couple of weeks after school gets out. Hopefully, we can do Disney.

I am learning about the college athletic recruitment process the hard way and it is very frustrating. Britany was offered a full scholarship to UNH, but wasn't that excited about it. She was holding out for some other options. She kept stalling the coach at UNH and he ended up offering it to someone else. She wasn't upset, but I was only because I thought we had so much more time. Now, we begin the application process...and hope for offers from other schools...

I signed Taylor up for a driver's ed class that starts in September. Wow. I'll have TWO kids driving this fall.

Hope is sad because she has to sell her horse. Apparently, he has been getting too much for her to handle; bucking and so forth. She is not sure if her dad is going to buy her another one. I told her that without a horse up there, she should move back with her mama! She said she is torn because she does miss me and Christopher, but would hate to have to start school all over again as the "new girl". (I knew that would be her response and I really don't blame her)

Tomorrow is Colin's 40th birthday, but he does not want to be reminded. His staff will probably have a cake for him. They asked me about it and I told them his wishes to keep it on the "down low", so we'll see!

I can't believe the weekend is almost here again.

No comments: