Thursday, December 6, 2007

Have A Great Day!


Well, I'm off again! I am positive this will be a great trip! I think I've packed plenty of warm clothing. I can't believe I'm going to have to actually wear shoes and socks! I am so used to my flip-flops!

Christopher had a much better day yesterday! Colin and I are just trying hard to see the world from his perspective which makes a HUGE difference. It has to be frustrating for him when there are so many things he wants to do and so many things he wants to tell us, but he just doesn't have the words yet. Poor baby.

His mind is advancing so rapidly. He is learning his physical capabilities while playing at gymboree and he wants to climb and jump at home too, but of course it's not safe. He doesn't understand that obviously, and so, when he hears "no", he acts out. Then, when his best buddy comes through the door at night, he has so many things he wants to tell daddy about his day and so many things to play all at once, and when he can't communicate it all, he just gets upset.

We decided that as soon as Daddy gets home, we just scoop him up and take him outside for a walk. He absolutely loves that. He wants to see the moon and throw rocks into the water. After we go for that walk, he is much calmer inside for the remainder of the evening.

It is the little things in life that bring the most joy! So, enjoy all of life's little treasures! Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

lahenry said...

He is getting so big!! I can't believe how much older looking he is. What a cutie.

lahenry said...

Are you staying at Steele Hill again?

AnnMarie said...

have a great trip and give everyone our love xoxoxoxox