Thursday, July 30, 2009




Christopher, Hope and I joined Nana, Papa, Meg and Phil on a trip to Sea World yesterday. I must admit, I didn't want to go. I know, I know some of you will say "Is she nuts?" but those of you who live in Florida, like myself, will know what I am talking about. When you can basically drive to Sea World anytime you want, you do sort of take it for granted and knowing that the summer tourist season is in full swing, along with the sizzling, scorching sun, it doesn't make #1 on your list of things to do. But, I thought I should do it for the kids.

Yes, it was hot. Good Lord, it was HOT. My shirt was drenched and I wasn't anywhere near a water ride or mammal splashing me from inside a pool. I looked at the other visitors standing in line around me as we waited to feed the dolphins and I could see the sweat running down their faces from their damp heads. But, we stuck it out. We fed dolphins, watched the Dolphin show, petted the stingrays, visited the manatees and sea turtles to name a few. When it came time for the Shamu show, everyone was deeply disappointed when after only about 10 minutes someone came out to announce that the show had to be canceled because of lightning. The crowd booed. I was disappointed also (after sitting and waiting nearly an hour because of course we had to get there early so the kids could sit in the front row/soak zone!) But booing? C'mon. It's lightning!

Since we couldn't do anything else anyway (I wasn't walking around out there in that lightning!), we sat in the stadium and ate popcorn waiting for the 8:00 show..Shamu rocks. I was afraid that would be canceled as well because that sky was just as black as could be. But, the show went on and wow was I glad we did. Wow! What a great show. It was worth everything!

Some of you have been asking what Britany's schedule looks like these days (Nana/Papa) so here is what she did yesterday:

0430 Reveille

Hygiene and Room Set-up

Breakfast
BCT Activities

- Aerobic Fitness Test (AFT)

- Drill, Reporting, Open Ranks Evaulation

- Haircut

- Flight Drill

- Military Knowledge Test

- Rank Issue

Lunch

BCT Activities

- Aerobic Fitness Test (AFT)

- Drill, Reporting, Open Ranks Evaulation

- Haircut

- Flight Drill

- Military Knowledge Test

- Rank Issue

- Cadet Store

Dinner

Height and Weight Checks

Evening Brief

Hygiene

2100 TAPS

No comments: