Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!




Okay, so maybe I am a little PMS, but is that any reason to choke back tears in the middle of the grocery store just because Bob Seger's "Little Drummer Boy" was playing over the store's PA system?

It is a good reason if you have been reading my blog and Ann-Marie's blog these days. The situation with Ann-Marie's friend, Hope, has made me stop and smell the roses for sure. I look differently at almost everything I do these days. Maybe through her suffering, others, such as myself, may begin to better appreciate the gifts that we have been given; family, friends, home and most especially...life itself.



As I listened to the words of "Little Drummer Boy" in the produce section of Publix, my mind and my spirit were in a small cave in Jerusalem looking in awe at this baby and at the people who had come to honor him and bring gifts. I thought about the Roman centurion who begged Jesus to save the life of his servant and remembering his words to Jesus, I said to myself "If you say it shall be done, I know it will be done" and asked him to please heal Hope.




Christopher has been going through a tough time ever since we returned home from Thanksgiving in Orlando. Poor baby can't understand why his sisters can't come over or we can't just hop in the car and go to "Hampshire". It didn't help that Daddy was away for a couple of extra days after we arrived home.

One night, he made me SO sad. He wanted his sister, Hope. He kept saying "Wait for Hopey" when I tried to explain that Hopey wasn't coming home that night, he said "Don't be worried Mommy, maybe let's just see" and he went to the front window in the kitchen pulled up the blind and a chair for me and said "Come Mama. Let's wait for her" and he sat in the window looking down at the street below. I just cried. He did the same thing for Daddy every night that he was gone. He has been so fussy ever since.

Last night, I drove him to Colin's office and as soon as he finished giving some instructions to his nurse, we walked out the door! He has been working such long hours, I think it has finally taken a toll on Christopher. Since getting back from Orlando, he doesn't want to get dressed or go outside. He wants to just stay in his PJ's and watch TV. When I try to insist we go to the park or Busch Gardens, he has a melt down. Soooooo, Daddy said we are going to Disney this weekend! Yippie! You know you don't mess with Doctor's orders! =)

4 comments:

AnnMarie said...

glad you are going back to Disney :)

Hope is much better these past two days, the prayers are working! She will go home on Monday and hospice care will be there to assist her. She has not used the morfin nearly as much as when this all started and is in much better spirits these days! She is having movie night with the boys tonight, they are coming to the hospital in Christmas pjs and watching holiday movies with her...her request.

thanks again xoxox

robinbrittagain said...

Oh my goodness! My heart is filled with joy so much by this news. That is a miracle. As you said in a previous post, we have to look for all of these little miracles too! I'm so happy to hear this! She is never far from my thoughts every minute of the day!

lahenry said...

I don't know Hope, but I too pray for her every day. Maybe she can have a Christmas miracle?

robinbrittagain said...

Lisa ~ I'm so happy to hear that you are praying for Hope also! The last few days I find my self repeating this mantra: "All Things Are Possible With God" and a Christmas miracle would be the best gift any of us could get! Ask everybody you know to pray for her! =) We will flood the gates of Heaven with prayers!!