Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Don't Blink!

Okay, time for another sappy post. After I read Meredith's post today, I was going down memory lane in my mind thinking about all of those late nights with the girls as babies; everything from nightmares (Brit's favorite was that she had an alligator under her bed),wanting a drink or stripping vomit soaked bed sheets at 2 am.

I really got to thinking about how quickly these baby years pass and about how many times I think "I wish I could go back in time to spend just one day with her at that age, I would appreciate it so much more!" (meaning any one of the girls)


Britany called me last night to let me know that the gymnastics coach at the US Air Force Academy called her and told her that he guarantees her 100% that she has a spot on his team after graduation. Well, I was so excited when she was telling me that I literally had butterflies in my stomach. (Not to mention that I was jumping up and down!)

This news is a great deal due to the connection that her coach has with the coach at the AF. As Nana said, "I can really see the hand of God in all of this." So many circumstances had to happen to lead me to send her to NH again and now I see there was a purpose.

As I remember those nights with her as a baby, one memory leads to another and I think about all of the bumps, bruises, nightmares, sick nights, anxious nights, nights before the science fair, nights before a big meet, nights before the book report was due, nights of arguing that she needs to get off her cell phone with her boyfriend and get some SLEEP!

Now, she has given me another night to remember.

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

great slideshow and great news! can't wait to see all the girls (and maybe you!) in a few weeks. :)

lahenry said...

Awesome news!!