Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Friends


Christopher has now entered the stage of imaginary friends. It is so cute. His two new friends are "Vika and Auto". He talks about going to school alot too. He is always going off to school with Vika and Auto. I would love to try and start a pre-school program but I am having a heck of a time with potty-training. I have obviously successfully trained three girls, but my little boy wants NO part of it. When I try the underpants, he says that he is scared and needs a diaper. He begs "please Mommy, please!" I feel so bad. I've tried all of the standard responses and nothing works (even tried bribery)...any advice out there??

4 comments:

AnnMarie said...

no potty training advice here...i'll be asking you soon :)

i had two imaginary friends too...Ricky and Ronnie...hadn't thought of them in years!

cute pic!

Anna said...

What worked with my son was going in with his father and cheerio bombing! You put cheerios in the toilet (they float) and then you have your son aim at them like targets. Sounds strange I know but it works but if he is resistent then offer a small toy or prize if he hits one.

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Just start taking him in the bathroom after drinks and meals and saying to him, "it's time to try and go potty." He will resist but sometimes you just have to keep trying and I wouldn't take away his diaper yet especially if he is attached. The cheerios thing works too. Gives him something to aim for.:) But don't ask him if he needs to go make your request a mandatory statement that he HAS to try. And praise him for every little step big time!!! Good luck!!!!

Laurie

robinbrittagain said...

thanks for the advice! i'll keep you posted :)