Saturday, July 31, 2010

Always Forever...



Time just passes too quickly when you're having fun. We had the absolute joy of sharing 20 glorious but short days with Britany. I waited six months to have her for 20 days and now must wait four months to see her again. I would never have imagined this just a few short years ago.

I strongly believe that all of these good-byes are having a negative effect on Christopher as well. He is thinking about things that most four year olds don't have to. For sometime now, I have noticed he has seemed pre-occupied with aging, growing up, leaving, moving out, etc. He asks alot of questions about it. "Mama, why do you have to get old? Why do I have to grow up and leave you? I don't want to move away from you. I want to stay four forever. I want you to live forever and I want to live with you forever."

No doubt, he is reacting to the sadness whenever one of the girls fly away to New Hampshire or Colorado or we leave Patrick in Toronto. His little mind is trying to comprehend it all. He is associating being a "big boy" with leaving me and he doesn't want to have to think about that just yet.. Believe me, neither do I.

No comments: